Monday, March 21, 2011

The funniest thing I've ever heard

Seems like we could all use some laughs right about now. There is so much heavy stuff pressing on us all...so join me in a laughter break, will you?

Tim and I were watching Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations on TV last night...and, if you don't know, Mr. Bourdain is a colorful individual. He's crass and rough around the edges...but he says some of the funniest stuff! My two favorite lines from the episode last night:

"I feel like forty pounds of crap in a ten pound bag."

(and, well, who hasn't, really?)


"I feel like I've been spit-roasted by the Chechen militia."

(???) and (!!!)



My friend Bradley and I used to laugh as a hobby when we were in college, and he would tell the most hilarious stories about people he encountered...

One of my very favorites is when he - or someone else he knew - was shopping in a grocery store and heard all this commotion on the aisle next to him. It sounded like a mom and her kids trying to get through the store without starting World War III, but all of a sudden, this lady of deep-south ethnicity shouts, "Spatula! I got TWO WORDS for you: BE! HAVE!" (as in, "behave", except all wrong) (and the kid's name was Spatula?!)

Another famous Bradley story is about hearing a different exasperated mother of deep-south ethnicity yelling at her kids...when she had reached her limit she exclaimed in all seriousness, "I will BEAT. YOU. BACK. TO. JESUS." (I have since used that phrase at choice moments in my life...)




And then, there's Craig Ferguson. He's so wrong. And so hilarious. If you're easily offended, just don't watch, okay.




Everybody gets a good laugh from our boy Tom Cruise. Thanks, again, to Craig Ferguson for helping us truly appreciate his madness.





And, if you're just a lot more classic (or classy, should I say), here's one of my all-time favorite comedy pieces from Singing in the Rain. I have posted it a thousand times, but just in case you're the only person who's never partaken:

Make 'Em Laugh


Some other people and sketches that make me laugh so hard I snort/spew my beverage/dry heave, yet am unable to post because I cannot, in good conscience, endorse their content are: (didn't that just sound like a category at the Oscars?!!)

Keenan Thompson in "What Up With That" and his Steve Harvey impersonation on SNL
Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake in "Barry Gibb Talk Show" on SNL
Jimmy Fallon and Bruce Springsteen's "Whip My Hair" - you'll appreciate it if you're a music buff

All of those are easy to find if you just search youtube or google...but you didn't hear it from me....


I hope you've had a few laughs with me - one of my favorite things to do! Love you, my sisters!

2 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Word. I totally forgot about those Bradley stories!! What a great way to start the morning. Laughter is good for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to put together a video of my favorite movie scenes of all time. They would include "You're going the wrong way!" from Planes, Trains and Automobiles. The courtroom scene from Liar, Liar as well as "I'm kickin' my a**, do ya mind?!" And the principals office and hatchet scenes from Uncle Buck.

    ReplyDelete