Friday, June 27, 2014

Burn, Baby, Burn!

                                                     Image courtesy of arztsamui / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Light is a big deal.  

As a Christian, light is your identity. Jesus said it Himself in Matthew 5: “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden.” When you opened your heart to Jesus, you became a sanctuary for THE Light, and the whole world can see it. The light of God’s glory has been deposited in you and dwells in you. That is truly amazing!

For years I lived my Christian life with the knowledge of this miraculous situation, but never understood the magnitude of it. Then one day I stumbled upon Isaiah 60 as I was flipping through the Bible. As I read the first couple of verses, I saw something new.

“Arise, shine; for your light has come! And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you. For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and deep darkness the people; but the Lord will arise over you, and His glory will be seen upon you.” Is. 60:1-2

I heard the Holy Spirit call to me, “Arise! Shine out the Light of my presence, because that is your purpose! People all around you are groping blindly in the darkness and praying for someone to bring in a light. You ARE the light for them. Establish the light everywhere you go. Set up spiritual beacons and mark off territory for My kingdom with every step you take.”

That moment of revelation helped me to see the action part of the equation. I could understand that I was a light-filled being, but I had never understood that I could really do something about the darkness. I just imagined myself like a little candle, and wherever I walked I had a little circle of light around me. That preschool song is painting the wrong picture, folks! There’s nothing little about your light!

My view had been way too small for way too long. What God was showing me was how BIG His glory is—and that you and I can deposit His glory in physical locations on planet earth and set up outposts for His kingdom. As I allow myself to be filled with the Holy Spirit, fire and electricity and power can flow out of me in the spirit realm. When I am “on assignment”, I have the ability through the Spirit to end darkness where I am. The Holy Spirit can give me words to say, Scripture to proclaim, prayers to pray or whatever is needed at a particular moment—and through it, the darkness flees because the light of the glory of the Great I AM sits down in that spot.



Whoa.

He wants to do that same thing through you. Trade in your “candle” picture of yourself and let God show you what you really look like in the Spirit. You are a giant of light. What you say really matters. Where you are assigned is not an accident, and if you listen to the Spirit, you will have the opportunity to establish pillars of fire all over this planet and help bring an end to the darkness.

Lord, I hear You calling me to get up and shine! I want to shine out Your glory! Thank You for living in me and for resting the flame of Your Spirit upon me. Please fill me up to overflowing with Your presence, and let a pillar of fire rise up in me. I will listen to You—tell me when to speak, when to pray, when to be still and just stand. I want to see Your kingdom come on this earth as it is in heaven, so sign me up for Light duty! You are great and awesome, Lord. I am so humbled to be an ark of Your presence. Bless Your name, great King of all Kings!

1 comment:

  1. I have missed reading your blog. So good! As I struggle to step out, such a precious reminder that the Holy Spirit is in me

    ReplyDelete