Thursday, April 29, 2010

Welcome to **Dishes and Diapers**!

This is the first day of the Dishes and Diapers blog! I'm excited to launch this forum for sharing motherhood's ups and downs - and for bringing a little insight and inspiration to anyone who needs a fresh dose.

I hope you're in a quiet moment of bliss with the absence of crying, screaming, fighting, vomiting or worse...but I know better. You're a mom like me, and you're working hard! Here in just a minute, I'll be running my kiddos under the backyard water hose to dislodge millions of grains of sand from small crevices...but for just a moment, I want to connect with you heart to heart.

The purpose of this whole thing is to help us each look up from our tasks and circumstances to realize that we have a high calling in Jesus - to be daughters of the Most High God. He understands that you are in a crazy season. He knows your thoughts and feelings before they are fully formed in your mind. And His love for you is unfathomable. Did you know that He gets a kick out of you? Not a sadistic kick, like "Ha ha! Bet she didn't see that coming!" No, He is pure and He DELIGHTS in you. Imagine your Heavenly Father standing over you as you clean up a mountain of dishes for the third time today. He might move His hand to brush that pesky piece of hair out of your face. He might come around behind you to massage the knots out of your shoulders. He might just take your face in His hands and gaze into your eyes.

This is your loving Father. He delights in you. He is FOR you. He's got your back. Let this verse carry you until we talk again:

"The Lord your God is with you,
He is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing."

Zephaniah 3:17

May you be quieted with His love for you today!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Girl!!! I'm so excited for your new blog and all the lives you are going to touch!!!

    BTW,I think I accidentally sent two requests to "Follow" you!!! Oops! Oh well, the more the merrier! That way, I can pull you up on any of my blogs and see your recent posts!

    P.S. I'm still changing "diapers" only they are big ones now!!! Oh my!!! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is such comfort in your words. You have such a peaceful way of "song" in what you say, almost like poetry.
    You have such amazing ideation!!!!! Love you girl, and thank you for always sending such a beautiful message in your words!!!It's powerful
    Love You in Jesus' name,
    La Shai

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it! cant wait to read more :)

    ReplyDelete